Friday, February 19, 2010

A message from Eve

[Recent email correspondence]

Hey,

I fucked up.
Big time.

I've got this recital coming up, the whole violin thing, mortals and Kindred alike coming etcetera etcetera. Big fancy deal, you know the drill.
Mum and father insisted on coming. They haven't seen me in a while and they caught wind via their delightful social circle that I'd be putting on a very prestigious show. Lord. You can imagine my father's reaction, I'm sure. He was furious that I hadn't kept them informed, furious I hadn't secured tickets, adamant that they would be coming and that there was nothing I could do about it.
In the process of my protestations I.. uh... may have let it slip that you aren't quite so dead or disappeared as they thought. Father was, well, less than thrilled that I'm still hanging around with the likes of you, especially since you were presumed dead or worse, which dropped your social standing significantly. He of course wanted a full explanation, wanted to sort it all out. I was less than forthcoming, so...

So.. well, he called your dad.


I'm sorry. I know how hard this will be, how much you've wanted to avoid this.
But you're going to have to help me out here, and we're going to have to come up with a damn good story about where you've been. Your parents are positively frothing at the idea of seeing you, at the thought that you're alive, at the idea that you'll be in their lives again. I can't explain this away on my own.

If I had a televiser machine, I'd be a 6 inch tall projection saying "Help me Obi-Gus-Kenobi, you're my only hope."

Sorry for the levity, you're probably a stupid turmoil of emotion right now... but it won't be so bad, will it?

Anyway, recital's next weekend. See if your Prince will give you leave to come? Tell him it'll help promote inter-city relations or something, they like things like that. You could bring Sam! I could meet her! She could work in to where you've been and why you didn't contact them an everything! Or maybe not... she's had enough shit go down, we don't need to involve her in our messed up family and my fucked up big mouthed mistake.

Okay.
Let me know when your train gets in, I'll come pick you up.
And yes, I am taking it as given that you're coming.

-E

1 comment: